Monday, September 26, 2016

Alice in Wonderland Part A

Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll. Link to reading here.

A lot of this half of the unit was similar to stories that appeared in the Disney version of this tale. Alice falling down the rabbit hole, eating and drinking random items to shrink or grow, meeting the Caterpillar atop a mushroom, and talking with the Cheshire Cat.

One part of this story, and the only part that was not present in the movie to my knowledge, confused me a bit. The part with the Duchess in the home. She's sitting in the middle of her kitchen supposedly holding a baby. This baby just turns out to be a pig wrapped up and the Cheshire Cat does not seem the bit taken aback by this? Also the cook in this home is literally just throwing pots and pans and other things across the room toward the Duchess holding the so-called baby? I can't say that I determined what the point of that part was.

I didn't find too too much (YET!) that I'll want to include in my Storybook. Of course, I'll want the very beginning of Alice discovering Wonderland and falling down the hole. I think the social media platform that I've chosen will be a really cool medium for this story, the more I read it. I'll make Alice a hair older than she is supposed to be, so she's a teenager. Especially younger teens spend a lot of time on their phones on social media sites. I know that I see some of my posts from freshman year of high school and I say, "Did the entire Facebook world NEED to know that?" So, having her track her kooky adventures via Facebook status is really going to be fun. I think some of the bigger name characters will be good for interacting on the Facebook statuses with Alice. Like, if Alice were to make a post about making it into the garden with the Caterpillar and comments on how odd the Caterpillar was, he could comment in a contemptuous manner. Stuff like that.

I'm excited to read more of this story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment