Monday, November 14, 2016

Growth Mindset: Embracing Uncertainty

(Growth Mindset Meme, web source: GrowthMindsetMemes)

I chose this meme because I think it's something that I need to work on. I am often anxious to accept things that aren't undeniable fact. I don't like to stand on ground that isn't firm, which would mean that "embracing uncertainty" is challenging.

I think this is something that a lot of college students struggle with, especially with regard to future plans. We study and struggle for four years and then are expected to graduate and enter the "real world." We often have ideas for how we want our lives to work out, but are largely uncertain about how specifically they will. I think this meme addresses that well!

1 comment:

  1. Kim, hi there, it's me again. I think this is such an interesting post. Oddly enough, I find myself questioning the things that are certain in my life. I think for me I welcome change that is what makes me grow and fuels my creativity, my downfall is that I question the things that are certain and stable. I think this is because I overthink the things that are good such as values, relationships, and even the security I have in my future plans. I overthink the certain and thrive on the unknown. It's this weird contradiction that I live in. Great post!

    ReplyDelete