Sunday, November 13, 2016

Reading Notes: Through the Looking Glass, Tweedledee and Tweedledum

Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll. Link to reading here.

This is a good story that exhibits Alice's rudeness and overall confusion.

I think especially the point where they continue to try to convince her that she isn't real, but in fact, an aspect of the Red King's imagination. This is the peak of Alice's troubles with Wonderland. She, being the rude little girl that she is, traipses around this other world trying to figure out where she is. She's lost basically the entire time, running into characters that frustrate her even more than she could have ever expected.

These twins are the epitome of Wonderland: characters that lack "normal" manners, frustrate her and waste a lot of her time. The reciting of an ENTIRE poem could be something that could possibly be a string of tweets? Perhaps that idea is a little lofty, but I need something that Alice would be able to respond to / interrupt the twins.

I think the original story that Alice thinks of regarding the Tweedles and its resurface at the end would also be an interesting thing to convey with social media. Possibly a Facebook status with the original little poem she thinks of and then a way for the twins to bring up the actual event. Ooh, it could be the Tweedles arguing in the comment section of her status until the rattle comes up.

The way I have my Storytelling site set up kind of follows the other Alice story: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.. Of course, I don't think it matters what storyline my site follows because who could tell the difference? But, I would have to think of a way to segue from the stories I've told to the story of Alice meeting the Tweedles. Definitely not impossible, but will definitely take some creativity on my part.

(Tweedledee and Tweedledum, web source: Wikimedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment