Monday, November 28, 2016

Reading Notes: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Part B

Link to reading here.

I've been reading around in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland to find out how to end my Story Book. I've kind of switched events around from the original story, so coming to the conclusion is seeming to be a bit challenging.

I read the last half of this story to see how I could adapt the original ending to fit my Story Book. There's a really big event leading up to the original conclusion of Alice's story, so that may be challenging to fit in one last story. There's an entire trial happening, with many different sections of a trial. The evidence presentation by Alice, the King and Queen interacting with the Dormouse. I'm going to have to take a lot of artistic liberties on this one.

Alice's story ends with the Red Queen once again calling for Alice's head to be chopped off. There is a lot of action leading up to the end of Wonderland and the cards are flying around her; it's mania. Then, all of the sudden, she wakes up in her sister's lap. Her sister says she's been having a wicked dream. This is an interesting point to go from, how do I make an appropriate ending for this? While still keeping the dreamlike ending that brings her back to the real world.

The layout of my Story Book also makes it very challenging to end. The premise I've been working on is Alice is posting all of her adventures on social media as she goes along. How am I supposed to say that all of this was a dream when she's been posting the whole time? Are all of the posts just a dream? Or should Alice be trapped in Wonderland forever?

(Alice in a Flurry of Cards, web source: Wikimedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment